Here are five great tips from The Tie Bar on traveling smart.
Going somewhere? Whether you’re an experienced jet setter or amateur traveler, packing’s one step that can’t be avoided.
Common sense ideas that don’t seem very common
- Listen when people talk. You’d be surprised what they tell you.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Remember tomorrow may never come.
- Plan for the future but live in the moment.
- Keep your passport current. You never know where the night may lead.
- Truth is, appearance matters. The better you look the more opportunities come your way. It is your job to show your substance once your foot is in the door.
- Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
- Celebrate often.
- Books stimulate your mind. TV dulls it.
- Confidence is key. If you don’t have it, act as if you do. No one will notice the difference.
- A used Mercedes is still a Mercedes.
- Your thoughts create your reality.
- At least once in your life get a massage.
- Write down your goals. You are more likely to achieve them.
- Listen more than you speak.
- You should act as if your every action affects 1,000 people for 1,000 years, because it does.
- Never settle for less than what you want, but understand it may be a long time before you get it.
- If you have to tell someone you are classy, odds are you really aren’t.
- If you have more than four keys on your key chain, you live a scattered life.
The final installment tomorrow… Ladies & Love