No matter how you spell it, whether a whisk(e)y novice or connoisseur, you would be wise to review the Beginner’s Guide to American Whiskey. It is a great starting point (and refresher).
Common sense ideas that don’t seem very common
- Beer is great with the guys or if you don’t care how your breath smells. Whisky is best in mixed company.
- Three drinks and call it quits. No one likes a drunk.
- Scotch and…. Don’t waste scotch with anything. It should be enjoyed by itself.
- Port comes from Portugal; champagne from France; anything else isn’t the real deal.
- Jack and Coke is acceptable but Jack without Coke shows you mean business.
- Champagne corks should not fly across the room.
- Always have a bottle of champagne chilled ready to go. You never know when you will want to celebrate
Next up… Life